Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday kinda love.....

Woke up with Sunday Kind of Love on my mind this morning. The beautiful voice of Etta James....I tried to belt out a few lines myself and then realized hers, in my head, might be the better choice!!

So after kicking my own ass for the last two days working on flower gardens with my preschool kids and then deciding that my own gardens were in sad shape I am almost finished. I was really going to ignore my own space this year and not invest a lot of time but working with the kids at school started a little stir in my soul. I looked at the sad little state of my raised box in the backyard, poked around in the dirt, and discovered some things had actually wintered over. The sage was coming in, the oregano, and even my beloved thyme with its dark green leaves on dainty twig stems. I can't ignore something that has survived and so there I was five hours later with new soil turned over, survivors replanted, and some new additions. While I was at the local plant place I also somehow accidentally (really accidentally, I swear!!) ended up with about ten other plants that begged me to take them home and put them out front. So I did. It is now Sunday morning and while some region of my shoulders are screaming and I can't seem to turn my head from left to right and there is a discovery of some muscle group in my legs that I have not used lately, I realize that my soul feels much like my garden. It has survived another round and there is always a chance for some new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment