Saturday, August 14, 2010

Taking a Minute to Focus on Health

Coffee minus the caffeine and sugar today. Not even sure if that equals coffee to be honest. No sweet tea anymore......
I picked up way too many really awful habits while I was on my many vacations and while it's good in small doses, it's not so great for my daily lifestyle. I'm just focusing this week (OK more like the next four weeks) on eliminating sugar(processed,refined), caffeine, and alcohol (temporary, I need vino)and dairy (love cheese). I have not had a four legged animal in close to 22 years now so I guess that's not an issue. Eating mostly fruits, vegetables, and
some fish. Squeezed walking five miles daily and twenty on my bicycle as weather and time permit.
Some years ago I made a commitment to myself to live each day to it's fullest, try anything once, and commit to quality living and longevity. I realize there are things we can not control but of the things I can, I will. So this is just me getting back on track. Maybe if I get the time
I'll add some additional thoughts to how this is going. I do think sugar and dairy tend to leave me sluggish so I'm curious to see if I feel different without these foods in my system.

So why am I writing about it. Well for one I'm sulking at the moment of not having sugar in my decaf coffee but if this works out well for me I'd like to
keep a small log for anyone to follow if they are so inclined.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment