Monday, March 29, 2010

Lets start with D.H. Lawrence

So I've had Fantasia of the Unconscious now for weeks and I can't get past his foreword. I usually skip forewords. I flip quickly thinking blah blah blah get to the meat of this already. So here I am stuck in his foreword and amused by it. (I have read other books meanwhile ok) He offers no apologies and begins this book by first telling it like it is, really just because you can read does not mean your going to get this. Idiots please exit to your left. Closed minded thinkers to the right.
I always feel this way when I paint. People get excited and say Oh! I want to see your work....well I like to put a disclaimer on it. You May NOt get it... Not my problem! It's like this, that just because you have eyes does not mean we see things the same way.... So thank you dear D.H. for putting it so eloquently.

There is more....(it's a long Foreword)

No comments:

Post a Comment